In this Issue
This will be the last Technology.Update newsletter of the 2017/18 school year. Please read though and see what the specific end of year procedures are for your particular level.
End of the Year Action Steps for ALL RETURNING STAFF
- All certified staff should now begin updating their laptops to the newest version of macOS (aka “High Sierra”). All staff MacBook Air’s should be updated by May 31.
- All certified staff should also install and sign into Enterprise Connect. You can view instructions here. NOTE This step MUST be completed from within the district. It will NOT work from home.
If you are NOT returning next year:
If you are a certified staff member and are not returning to Westside next year please complete the following:
- Leave your iPad cart key’s with your building principal (Elementary only)
- You will need to bring all assigned technology to the ABC building for check in. This includes your laptop, laptop charger, laptop case, and if assigned, your iPad, iPad charger and iPad case.
- Your Westside Google account will be turned off after you leave. Please make sure to have any files you wish to keep downloaded to a personal device or moved into a personal Google account.
- We are not offering up laptops or iPads for sale this year.
If you are a classified staff member and are not returning to Westside next year and have a iPad, please complete the following:
- Bring your iPad to your building principal
- Verify with him/her that you have turned OFF ‘Find my iPhone’
- Verify with him/her that you have signed out of iCloud
Please see https://area66.westside66.org/elementary-end-of-year-technology-procedures/ on Area 66 for specific directions on student procedures.
Please follow the directions provided by WMS and WHS tech support on student laptop check in. Questions can be directed to Mitch Scheffler (WMS) or Michael Sanchez (WHS).
On behalf of the technology department, I wish you all a relaxing and refreshing summer break!