Members of a eMerge team will be teachers who have a desire to learn and a willingness to implement new instructional strategies while using technology in their classrooms. These early adopters of technology should have experience with running a student-centered classroom and have a capacity for risk-taking. They should have an open mind to collaborating with colleagues throughout the district. This group will help implement the third component of the district’s strategic plan “Enhancing all educational experiences by integrating new and existing technologies in a meaningful way.” Members of the eMerge team will receive two units of pay to help recognize their commitment.
Why join the eMerge team?
- Be recognized for what you may already do in your classroom and building.
- Extend the skills and capabilities that you already have through personalized professional development.
- Have an opportunity to share what you will learn with others.
- Have new opportunities to interact with like-minded colleagues.
What are the Expectations for an eMerge Team Member?
- Ongoing team member expectations can be found at: http://goo.gl/8e7vHA
- If selected you will need to attend an opening workshop on Wednesday, August 5th from 8:00-12:30. This will be a time to get to know your new team members, learn the tools you will need to be part of the team and participate in the first of many professional learning opportunities designed just for the group.
- eMerge members will attend a half-day workshop each semester focused on professional learning.